While Black Friday brings amazing sales, has spawned sibling days in Small business Saturday and Cyber Monday; and offers shoppers chase to finish a big chunk of their holiday shopping – the weekend starts with something so much better. Thanksgiving (AKA American Thanksgiving). While we’re proudly Canadian, over the years we’ve adopted the Thanksgiving holiday and made it our own for pure family time. December can get busy with office parties, friend or neighbor drop in, and family gatherings. Thanksgiving landing near the end of November gives us a chance for kick off the season more intimately. I’m also a huge football fan, so taking a day off to watch the games is an added bonus. We usually head out in the morning with kids, watch football through the day and get the Swiss Chalet festival Specials for dinner (because, yes, we are THAT Canadian). The rest of the weekend includes getting out our Christmas decorations, shopping, and of course culminating in the Grey Cup on Sunday night!
While we will also be doing some holiday shopping this BFCM weekend (new acronym I’ve learned for Black Friday – Cyber Monday); we’re really excited to share the weekend with you through Iron Bean Games. We’re working through our plans and offers now to be ready, and making sure we’ve got enough copies of those hot titles for you. If you’re like us and start your Black Friday shopping prep now, he’s a sneak peek at what we’ll have going from Black Friday right through the weekend to Cyber Monday.
- Great deals – a no brainer – the whole store (except pre-orders) will be on sales.
- Daily door/keyboard/monitor crashers – we’ll highlight a few amazing games each day with something beyond our holiday weekend pricing.
- Bundles and Sets – We know shipping charges aren’t everyone’s favorite so we’ll have deals on game bundles and sets to help start or build a new collection. Getting more games through our flat rate shipping.
- Something special for our subscribers – if you’re signed up to our newsletter before November 19 you’ll receive a note about some special deals for you that week.
- We will over communicate – We’ll be sharing our deals on Facebook and Twitter through the weekend so you’ll see more posts from us than usual. We’ll also send emails out to kick off the weekend and each day with our deals. After the Black Friday Cyber Monday weekend we’ll ease back to our regular schedule.
- We have one more surprise coming the week leading up to our Black Friday sale. Details will get posted here on our blog that week.
We can’t wait to share more with you and hope you’re able to pick up that game you’ve been eyeing. Over the weekend if you can’t find your title or something is already sold out, email us and we’ll see how we can help.
Happy Gaming until then.
Your Gaming Sidekick